Rosemary White has been following along with sumMEr from its inception and I am honored to have her as our guest blogger today. She understands the importance of self-care in a very personal way. She shares with us some of her thoughts and helps us to remember that we need to share our stories in order to help not only ourselves but others in the process.
Renee @ happilyeverafter by Renee Burke
who is hosting SumMEer of Me
asked if would mind sharing how much the SumMEr of Me
community postings have touched and encouraged me this summer.
I can say without any hesitation that part of my SELF -CARE has been to take the time to reach each one of these wonderful guest-Artist postings. Each one approaches self-care a bit different and yet the common thread is so strong throughout all of them.. TAKING CARE OF OURSELVES. Many of us still need to truly learn to nurture ourselves without guilt of any kind.
As for being an artist~ If capturing moments in time with a camera count then I am all in~ The longing to do more with my pictures continues to motivate me each day.
One of the 1st things I did this summer was to make a “SumMEr of ME” list ( with a gentle nudge from Jamie Burch’s post
: just a few of the goodies on that list.
- Spend less time cleaning house and more time doing the things I wanta !!
- Improve on my time management
- Keep my promise to myself to keep up with my weekly/daily blog posts ~ as I have 2 websites and 3 different blogs ~
- work on “The Invitation” in relation to my life
The following will no doubt be an awesome wind down from summer in the best of ways.
- I am so excited to do this one… I just about cried happy tears down my legs when I read about this e-course. LOL. Touch the Moon will kick off August 27 (a few days before the Blue Moon) and go through Wednesday, October 31st (Halloween, a few days after October’s full moon). This has to be one of the most truly creative and loving souls in this universe. I could do a whole posting just on Her contributions to my life being ” a dream come true” You know her as Rachél Payne of collectingyourself .
posting help a light bulb come one that I have and do tend to tie my self worth into what I am doing for others.
Just love this expression “when lit from within~ you can light up the world up” Kajal Dhabalia
did her posting on self-care
a fire did light within.
I too have been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s disease this summer. As I read her plan, I was so proud that she has already made a plan to keep it in check. In my mind I was saying those things but she has already put them on a list and actually doing them. A lot of my summer Time has been spent waiting to get a complete picture of what is going on with my thyroid if there are any other possible “hot/cold” spots in my body. I had made a commitment to myself that I would start a blog about this Journey not knowing exactly where it would take me. I was so encouraged by her post yesterday that I have asked her if I could post a link to it on my website Finding1selfs thyroid journey
I continue to look forward to each new post of SumMEr of ME… When we share we just never know who or when it can make all the difference in the world.